the ultimate leadership training program available for Adult Scout Leaders who are involved in the programs of the Boy Scouts of America. Wood Badge is designed to train leaders using the latest skills and techniques of Leadership. Similar courses in the Corporate world cost thousands of dollars per attendee and may not offer the same depth.
It is hoped that every Cub Scout, Scouts BSA, Sea Scout, Varsity and Venturing Leader, as well as District, Council leaders and Professionals, will take the Wood Badge course within two years of becoming a scouter.
- open to every registered adult.
- based on contemporary leadership concepts used in the private sector.
- a cost-effective leadership program.
- designed for use in Scouting as well as in the workplace and other volunteer organizations.
- a common foundation of leadership skills to be used throughout all program areas.
- experience-based learning as well as classroom learning.
- delivered each year in the Orange County Council over two (2) three-day weekends.
For information on the next course, go to our Schedule.
As you review requirements for the 2021 course, please be aware that some items (weekend 1 accomodations, locations, etc.) may change due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please make sure you are reading updates and directions from your course leaders, to ensure you can BE PREPARED for your course!